Sunday, March 3, 2013

From Matilda's Mouth...

Some of my favs (that capture the essence of being 4)...

To Brett, prior to playing Mario Kart:
"Daddy, you better check yourself before you wreck yourself."

Upon entering Mimi and Papa's House:
"Mimi, this house is divine."

Upon being served popcorn for a snack:
"This popcorn is divine." (Because everything is divine....until its not....)

Into her pretend microphone:
"Brett and Sarah, come on up to the stage. Come be a part of this innovation..."

After being asked to get dressed:
(Falls into the couch with her head on her hand. ) "I feel weak."

While playing I spy...after finally guessing the correct object, which I suspect she changed several times...
Mommy: "Matilda, that was a good one!"
Matilda: "You can use it some time if you want. When you and Daddy are playing I spy..."
(Thanks, because while you're at school, we lay in your bed and play I spy....)

In the bathroom
Matilda: "I know why girls sit down to pee pee and boys stand up."
Me: "why?"
Matilda: "girls have to hold on to the seat so they don't fall in. and boys stand up because they have peanuts."
Me: "it's penis, not peanuts."
Matilda: "penis, Penis, PENIS!"


No comments: